Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fan Base

Sweet, I officially consider myself to have a fan base of at least 2 that I know of. For all you creeping in the shadows out there, come on and admit that you follow my life. Its ok, I follow my life too.

Did I complain about Festival? I probably shouldn't but I feel obligated to let the John Murphy fan base know that my MS did not in fact recieve a 2. Well, I guess we did in sight reading. Nope, no 2s for us at all actually. we got straight 3s..... It was mildly disappointing, but scores were rough on Tuesday, and my MS didn't deserve 1s, so it kind of just happened. I'm fairly certain that Friday with the HS will be better.

So I'm going to discuss my reading habits over the last 10 years. In MS, I read pretty hardcore because its fun to read. Then in HS when you're supposed to read your text books, I largely didn't. In fact, I didn't read a single thing for English class from the beginning of my freshman year until halfway through my senior year. what really makes it impressive is that I had the highest grade on one test in Mrs. Barnes class. Then in college I was really bad about reading text books, but I normally picked the material up. And aside from Harry Potter, I didn't really read for fun. Totally lame I know. Anyhow, that brings me to my 3rd year of teaching. In part of my prep time, I hangout with the MS librarian and watch the silly things that kids do. And watching them turn in their books, has caused me to start checking out books from the MS library. Yes people, I'm 26, a teacher, and I'm reading at a 7th grade reading level.

Last thought for the night. I love Billy Joel. I love The Office. Therefore, I love this: http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1900687

No comments:

Post a Comment